TELEHOUSE Launches New Data Center “TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT” in Germany
January 10, 2012
Tokyo, Japan- TELEHOUSE Corporation (TOKYO:9433) will launch TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT in January, 2012 in Germany, and begin providing data center services that meet the TELEHOUSE global standard. Telehouse Holdings Limited, a subsidiary of TELEHOUSE, will purchase 100 percent shares of Databurg GmbH which is a data center operator in Germany, and subsequently launch “TELEHOUSE Deutschland GmbH” (planned) and manage its data center as “TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT”.
With this launch, the TELEHOUSE brand of data centers will span 43 sites in 23 cities and 12 regions and worldwide.
“TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT” will be located in the biggest data center and network gathering district of Germany only 3km far from the center of the city. It is one of the largest data centres in Frankfurt occupying a floor space of 67,000 square metres. In addition to carrier neutrality, the data center has a fail-safe power supply (UPS) including backup and emergency power supplies. Extensive security measures have been implemented, including 24 hours/365 days monitoring systems and access management with contactless ID systems. Optional security services include biometric access and video surveillance in rooms.
TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT will be connected by an ultra fast Ethernet IP connection “Global Interlink” to other TELEHOUSE data centers located centrally in London, Paris and New York offering the largest city based data center services.TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT also allows connectivity to the US, Asia, including Japan and internationally through TELEHOUSE's global network.“TELEHOUSE” is a TELEHOUSE group core service establishing an information and telecommunications infrastructure, providing operational support to realize an ICT environment with a consistent high level of quality and reliability in all countries around the world.
1. About “TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT”
1) Overview of Data Centre
|General information Location||Location||Frankfurt|
|Space||Approximately 67,000 ㎡|
|Power source structure||Dual Feed, Loop power receiving system|
|Electrical facilities||Private power generation||N+1 redundant configuration|
|UPS facilities||N+1 redundant configuration|
|Air conditioning facilities||Air conditioner structure||N+1 redundant configuration|
|Security||IC card authentication, and video surveillance|
2) Contents of services(1) Basic services
- Rack colocation service: Accommodation for customer equipment in 19 inch racks provided by TELEHOUSE FRANKFURT.
- Cage colocation service; Spaces enclosed in cages are provided for customers who need a higher level of security.
- Open colocation service: Customer rack space and power sources are provided in single rack units.
(2) Optional services
- Customer equipment monitoring service: In addition to monitoring, traffic reports and incident record reports are provided.
- Customer equipment monitoring and maintenance services: Support for incidents are measured according to counter-flows and instructions submitted by Customers in advance. For regular managerial reporting, maintenance services including periodical measures (change of tapes, rebooting machines, and monitoring of machines through visual observation) are conducted.
3) Start of servicesJanuary 2012
2. Overview of “TELEHOUSE International Corp.of Deutschland”
|Company name||TELEHOUSE Deutschland GmbH (Planned)|
|Establishment date||2012 January|
|Number of employees||40|
|Investment ratio||Telehouse Holdings Limited100%|
|Business activities||Development of data center business in Frankfurt|
The information contained in the news releases is current at the time of publication. Products, service fees, service content and specifications, contact information, and other details are subject to change without notice.